1) Get Control of Your DIET Newsflash, YOU CAN’T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET! Start by aiming for 1g of protein per pound of your bodyweight and time your carbohydrate intake around your most strenuous activities. The biggest dietary complaint I hear is in regards to never having time to make breakfast,take a scoop of your Chrome Whey and drop that into your coffee and BAM instant breakfast on the run (and a darn delicious one at that).
2) STAY HYDRATED Water is essential for all metabolic reactions. Muscle gain, fat, loss, LIFE (lol). WHATEVER you are drinking, I challenge you to step it up. If its 1 liter shoot for 2 liters, if it’s a gallon try and get two. Try adding Chrome Supps XAA to your water intra workout to enhance your recovery with aminio acids and enhance your endurance with the added bonus of HICA.
3) DO NOT LET CARDIO TAKEOVER YOUR WORKOUTS Yes, cardio can be a very helpful tool in weight loss but to solidify your success you need to train with weights! You will burn more calories lifting weights than you will walking on a treadmill AND the more lean tissue you create while you are lifting weights the more calories you will burn at rest. I don’t know about you but that sounds like a win win to me.
4) SET REASONABLE GOALS Let’s not promise ourselves that we can lose 10lbs a week for the next 10 weeks. Be reasonable here. Set an OBTAINABLE goal, maybe sometime along the lines of 1lb a week. YOU CAN DO IT!
5) TRY SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE If you make the same resolution to lose weight EVERY STINKING JANUARY by following the same unsuccessful routine as last year will only result in the same disappointing results as last year. I challenge you to try a different approach for example, hire a coach, read a book on nutrition, join a gym, buy a workout dvd and/or challenge yourself to give yourself an hour a day just for you to focus on you. DO SOMETHING! DO ANYTHING! Just try something new!